WILKESBORO — Sixteen WCC instructors completed a semester of professional development entitled CORE (Collaborative Online Reflection Experience) during spring 2018. CORE is focused on best practices in online teaching, and CORE sessions are led by WCC online instructors who serve as peer mentors.
Spring 2018 peer mentors were Darrell Finney, Donna Brooks, Kim Perkins, MaryBeth Knight, Ashe, and Meret Burke.
Once instructors complete CORE, they are eligible to participate in an online instructor certification process. CORE and Online Instructor Certification are part of WCC’s QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan), a SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) initiative. WCC was reaffirmed by SACSCOC in 2016.
Instructors completing CORE during spring 2018 were:
• Amanda Wiles, criminal justice instructor
• Andy Hayes, English instructor
• Chris Gambill, human services instructor
• Chris Cline, math instructor
• David Brown, English instructor
• Joan Hinson, human services instructor, Ashe
• Joey Phillips, applied engineering instructor, Ashe
• Josh Carr, math instructor
• Kathy Pegram, math instructor
• Lorrie Tomlinson, computer information systems instructor, ashe
• Melonie Kilby, business instructor and chair
• Misty Marshburn, continuing education coordinator
• Nick Schneider, art instructor
• Dr. Nolan Belk, English instructor
• Robin Roten, English instructor
• Sherry Shaw, business instructor, Ashe