The Buckin’ Elks men’s tennis team completed its first match on Wednesday. The Elks took on North Wilkes on a sunny, but chilly afternoon.
The Elks dominated the whole match as every set was won by Elkin, and the Elks took a 9-0 win. Every singles set was won by a score of 6-0, and the doubles matches were won by 8-1 scores and 8-0 scores.
The Elks move to 1-0 on the season. Their next match is Thursday against Ashe County. Results were not available by press deadline.
1. Jarrett Peterson, E def Chase Spicer, NW, 6-0, 6-0
2. Isaac Powell, E def Anthony Cornia NW, 6-0, 6-0
3. Daniel Soos, E def Grant Lyon, NW, 6-0, 6-0
4. Silas Coley, E def Pedro Hernandez, NW 6-0, 6-0
5. Holt Jackson, E def Dylan Rash, NW, 6-0, 6-0
6. Asher McRitchie, E def Tony Quintanilla, NW, 6-0, 6-0
1. Powell/Soos, E def Spicer/Lyon NW, 8-1
2.Jackson/McRitchie E, def Cornia/Rash, NW 8-0
3. Coley/Jacob Bellia E def Hernandez/Quintanilla, NW 8-0