• 7 p.m., Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, 593 Pleasant Hill Drive, Elkin, will host its revival featuring speaker, the Rev. Kenny Pardue, pastor of Union Baptist Church in Hamptonville. Revival week will include noon meetings with lunch provided, as well as the 7 p.m. services.
• 6 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host the Soul’d Out Quartet in concert. Opening for the concert will be The Boys. A love offering will be received. For more information, call 336-367-7456 or 336-244-8555.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.