• Poplar Springs Baptist Church will hold Vacation Bible School with kick off and registration at Elkin Pool July 5 from 5 to 7 p.m. Bible school will be July 6-10 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. with meal provided nightly at the church. The theme is “Journey Off the Map.”
• Shoaly Branch Baptist Church off of Murray Road, Elkin, will have Vacation Bible School for all ages. Michael McDaniel will again be conducting the program this year. He does chalk drawings with black lights to enhance his art work. He draws as he teaches and presents an awesome program. For more information or directions to the church, call 336-957-2553 or 336-984-4196.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mount Calvary Baptist Church, 220 Calvary Road, will have Vacation Bible School. Parents are invited back at 4 p.m. for commencement and cookout.
• 7 p.m., Cool Springs Baptist Church will have a gospel singing featuring The Joyful Noise.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Kitchen 9:13 will host a free meal at Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 6 p.m., Salem Fork Christian Church, take exit 93 off I-77, Dobson, will have Vacation Bible School. Kick off will be at Starlite Skate Center in Mount Airy Sunday, and faith building will be at the church Monday through Thursday. For more information, call Betty White at 336-366-4590 or 336-366-7571.
• 6 to 8 p.m., West Elkin Baptist Church will kick off Vacation Bible School, look for signs on Elk Spur Street, Elkin. The theme is Mount Everest.
• 6 to 8:30 p.m., Jurassic in the Park will be hosted at the Elkin Municipal Park by Abstract Church with a visit from Dakota and Friends, the dinosaurs from the North Carolina Zoo, along with Jurassic Adventure inflatables. There will be free hot dogs, chips and drinks. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.