• 7:30 p.m., Fall Creek Full Gospel Mission in Jonesville will host revival featuring the Rev. Johnny Scott of Charlotte as speaker. For more information, call 336-902-0902.
• 11 a.m., Jonesville Pentecostal Holiness Church will hold a special service to honor local law enforcement officers. For more information, call 339-835-3242.
• 6:30 p.m., Fairview Baptist Church, 7659 N.C. 268, Dobson, will host revival featuring Ken Freeman. Sept. 18 will include Sunday school at 9 a.m., worship at 10 a.m. and youth pizza night from 5 to 6:15 p.m.
• 7 p.m., Union Baptist Church, 2002 Traphill Union Road, will host revival featuring evangelist Don Ball as speaker. Special singing will be held nightly, Monday Claudia Byrd; Tuesday Couch Family; Wednesday Sherwood Smith; Thursday New Salem.
• 11 a.m., Jonesville First United Methodist Church will hold homecoming beginning with the worship service. Former Pastor Jim Sanders will be the guest preacher. A fellowship meal will follow the service.
• 7:30 p.m., Northwood Baptist Church, 1309 Northwood Baptist Church Road, Yadkinville, a youth camp has evolved into a nightly tent revivial under the leadership of Jonathan Barker, pastor of Amazing Grace Church. For more information, call Barker at 336-466-6242.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.