• 1 to 3 p.m., Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, State Road, will host a free hot dog/hamburger community meal at the Elkin Recreation Park shelter. Special music will be presented by the church’s bluegrass Jammers group. For more information, call the church office at 336-874-2712 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• 6 to 9 p.m., Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, 593 Pleasant Hill Drive, Elkin, will hold Vacation Bible School with the theme “Submerged.” Those ages 2 and 3 years old will attend from 6 to 8 p.m., and those 4 and older will be from 6 to 9 p.m.
• 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bannertown Baptist Church, Mount Airy, will host a children’s music camp. Cost of camp is $60 and includes a T-shirt, fun kit, morning snack and drink at lunch. For more information, call Martha Cogdill at 336-688-3105.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.