• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., a multi-family yard sale will be held to benefit the Dennyville Baptist Church youth group at the Century 21 office on North Bridge Street in Elkin.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Maple Springs Baptist Church, Ronda, will host vacation Bible school for all ages with a theme Cave Quest. A light meal will be served at 6 p.m. with programs to follow. For transportation, call 336-957-3325.
• Zephyr Missionary Baptist Church, Poplar Springs Road, will host its spring revival at 6 p.m. June 13 and 7 p.m. June 14-17. Guest speaker will be Don Ball, and special singing will be shared each night.
• 11:30 a.m., Sparta First Baptist Church will host senior adults fellowship.
• The GAP Church will host a two-night trip to Washington, D.C., with pick up at Mayberry Mall in Mount Airy on June 23, and touring sites on June 24 including Jefferson Memorial, U.S. Capitol, FDR Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, one-hour boat cruise, White House and more, with return on June 25. The cost of the trip is $365 per person, with the first deposit of $125 due March 1. For more information, call Kathy Dobson at 336-648-1951.
• 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bannertown Baptist Church, Mount Airy, will host a children’s music camp. Cost of camp is $60 and includes a T-shirt, fun kit, morning snack and drink at lunch. For more information, call Martha Cogdill at 336-688-3105.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.