• 5 to 7 p.m., the Elkin Baptist Association will hold a retirement reception for Johnny Enloe, assocational missionary, at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church fellowship hall.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boonville United Methodist Church, 116 N. Carolina Ave., will hold a church-wide yard sale in the hut behind the church, including breakfast, a hot-dog lunch and a bake sale.
• 10 a.m. until, White Rock United Methodist Church in Thurmond will hold a port-a-pit BBQ chicken sale. Plates will be $9 and include half a chicken, slaw, baked beans, roll and dessert. Half a chicken will be $6. For more information, call 336-957-4596.
• Mount Calvary Baptist Church, N.C. 268, Ronda, will hold its spring revival at 6 p.m. May 1 and 7 p.m. May 2-6, with a prayer room available 30 minutes prior to each service. Guest speaker will be Preacher Daniel Buchanan of New Beginning Missionary Baptist Church in Lenoir. There will be special singing each night. For a ride, call 336-902-3846.
• 6 p.m., the Elkin Baptist Association Vacation Bible School Directors Jane Hall and Susan Baker will hold the annual VBS clinic at Ronda First Baptist Church. This is open to all workers, teachers and pastors, and there will be a class for all age groups.
• The GAP Church will host a two-night trip to Washington, D.C., with pick up at Mayberry Mall in Mount Airy on June 23, and touring sites on June 24 including Jefferson Memorial, U.S. Capitol, FDR Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, one-hour boat cruise, White House and more, with return on June 25. The cost of the trip is $365 per person, with the first deposit of $125 due March 1. For more information, call Kathy Dobson at 336-648-1951.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.