• 7 p.m., Union Baptist Church, 2002 Traphill Union Road, Traphill, will host revival featuring Buddy Sizemore as preacher. Singing nightly will feature Couch Family on Monday; New Salem on Tuesday; Claudia Byrd on Wednesday; Double Creek Gospel Singers on Thursday. For more information, contact Pastor Steve Stoltzfus t 336-835-7243.
• 7 p.m., Poplar Springs Baptist Church will show “War Room,” a contemporary LifeWay movie for all ages. Admission is free, concessions will be available, and contributions are accepted. To reserve group seating for 10 or more, call 336-835-7244 or 336-835-1015.
• 8 a.m., Wesley Chapel United Methodist Women will sponsor their annual prayer breakfast at 9 a.m., with registration at 8 a.m. Speaker will be Lisa Hayes of Madison. A $5 donation will be accepted. For more information, call 336-835-3446.
• 3:30 p.m., Poplar Springs Baptist Church will show “War Room,” a contemporary LifeWay movie for all ages. Admission is free, concessions will be available, and contributions are accepted. To reserve group seating for 10 or more, call 336-835-7244 or 336-835-1015.
• 5 to 7 p.m., Abstract Church will sponsor “Star Wars in the Park” at Elkin Municipal Park. The free event will feature bounce house, slides, obstacle courses, as well as free hot dogs, desserts and drinks. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 5 to 7 p.m., the Elkin Baptist Association will hold a retirement reception for Johnny Enloe, assocational missionary, at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church fellowship hall.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boonville United Methodist Church, 116 N. Carolina Ave., will hold a church-wide yard sale in the hut behind the church, including breakfast, a hot-dog lunch and a bake sale.
• 6 p.m., the Elkin Baptist Association Vacation Bible School Directors Jane Hall and Susan Baker will hold the annual VBS clinic at Ronda First Baptist Church. This is open to all workers, teachers and pastors, and there will be a class for all age groups.
• The GAP Church will host a two-night trip to Washington, D.C., with pick up at Mayberry Mall in Mount Airy on June 23, and touring sites on June 24 including Jefferson Memorial, U.S. Capitol, FDR Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, one-hour boat cruise, White House and more, with return on June 25. The cost of the trip is $365 per person, with the first deposit of $125 due March 1. For more information, call Kathy Dobson at 336-648-1951.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.