• 10:50 a.m., Central Full Gospel Church, 503 Drywall Road, State Road, will host a communion healing. For more information, call 336-874-2910.
• 4 p.m., the combined choirs of Charity and Maple Springs United Methodist Churches will host a special Easter concert at Charity UMC in Elkin, about 6.5 miles from West End Elkin on the Austin-Traphill Road. Refreshments will be served afterwards.
• 5 to 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, will host an Easter celebration complete with egg hunt for all ages, the Easter Bunny, free hot dogs, chips, drinks and desserts. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 7 a.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, will host an Easter Sunday sunrise service with breakfast to follow. Coffee hour will be at 10:15 a.m., Easter worship service at 11:15 a.m. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 10 a.m., a Community Easter Service will be held at Elkin High School’s Dixon Auditorium with special Easter music presented by the adult choir of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church with a selection of music from “God With Us” by Don Moen. Nursery will be provided.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Swaims Baptist Church, 3919 Swaims Church Road, Hamptonville, will host a ladies “spring fling,” with guest speaker Betsy Yohn. Lunch will be followed by special music by Callie Yohn and Crystal Collins. Cost is $5. RSVP with the number attending to Kathy Ray at 336-468-2267, Debbie Nixon at 336-468-4855 or Ashley Bledsoe at 336-835-2682.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.