Police briefs

• On June 11, a store clerk with Wilco Hess on CC Camp Road advised officers that a blue Town and Country minivan pumped $46.05 worth of gas and drove off. The officers were advised that the vehicle had an Indiana license plate and was driven by a male between the age of 30 to 45 and about 5’11” and 145 pounds.

• Officers responded to a call on Hillcrest Drive on June 12 in reference to a disturbance and stolen vehicle. On arrival, the officer spoke to Thomas Barnard. Barnard stated that he and a group of friends were having a cookout when Vincent Jerry Hague, 43, of Hillcrest Drive, attacked him, pushing him to the ground and striking him in the face. Hague then allegedly took the keys to a 1996 Ford Explorer without the permission of the owner. Barnard then advised that he did wish to report his vehicle stolen. There were no obvious physical signs of assault on Barnard and he was referred to the magistrate in reference to the assault. At about 12:45 a.m., officers received a 911 call from Hillcrest Drive stating that Hague had returned to the residence and was going crazy. On arrival, officers observed Hague charging aggressively towards Barnard. The officer on the scene exited the patrol vehicle and ordered Hague to the ground. Hague continued to move towards the officer at which time he ordered him to the ground again. Hague then complied and the other officer placed him in handcuffs. Hague continued to yell loudly towards Barnard. The officer informed Hague he was under arrest on charges of auto theft. Hague was transported to the magistrate’s office where he was issued at $1,000 unsecured bond with a sober hold.

• On June 9, officers responded to Parkwood Drive in reference to a disturbance. When they arrived, officers spoke with hospital security and they advised that Herbert Charles Kipp, 33, of Electra Drive in Cary, was trying to break the glass out of his girlfriend’s vehicle. As officers arrived, they were told that Kipp was passed out on the ground from being intoxicated. Officers spoke with Kipp and he stated that he was at the hospital to get some help. Kipp advised that he was also trying to find a way home because he and his girlfriend were arguing. After checking for warrants, dispatch advised that he had an order for arrest out of Surry County. Officers placed Kipp under arrest and transported him to the Surry County magistrate where he was given a $300 cash bond and transported to the jail for processing.

• An officer was sitting stationary on N.C. 268 West, running radar from the private vehicle access of Cristo Vive on June 11. The officer observed a green truck traveling east down the hill. The officer estimated the speed of the vehicle to be about 50 mph. The officer clocked the vehicle going 51 mph before pulling out behind them and activating the emergency equipment. The vehicle pulled off the highway at the intersection of 268 and Memorial Park Drive, hitting the curb at the stop sign and coming to a complete stop while in the roadway. As the officer approached the vehicle, the driver, later known as Martin J. Andrews Jr., 52, of Colbert Place in Traphill, rolled down his window. As he did, the officer stated that he detected the strong odor of alcohol. The officer noted Andrews’ eyes were bloodshot and he allegedly admitted that he had been drinking. Based on the officer’s observations, the officer placed Andrews under arrest on charges of DWI, driving while license revoked and speeding. While looking into his driving record, the officer learned that Andrews had three convictions of DWI since 2006. Andrews was transported to the magistrate’s office and issued a written promise to appear in court on June 29.

• Shaun Meredith Gibbs, 27, of Elk Spur Street, was transported to the magistrate’s office on June 11 for court violations.

• Heather Michele Millian, 35, of Mountain View Road, was transported to the Surry County magistrate on June 11 after failing to appear in court. Millian had a preset bond of $600 and was transported to Surry County Jail where she was released into their custody.

• On June 4, officers responded to Walmart in reference to a larceny. The manager stated that he watched the subject conceal a connector in his left shorts pocket and then toss the empty package into a tote box and proceed to exit the store. The manager stated that the subject punched him in the side of the head and then ran off to his vehicle.

comments powered by Disqus