• 7 p.m., Gospel Chapel Church, North Oak Ridge Church Road, will host a gospel singing featuring Galatians 2:20. Admission is free, but a love offering will be accepted. For more information, call 336-469-0692.
• 6 p.m., a Community Night of Thanks will be held at Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin. The night will begin with worship followed by a Thanksgiving meal open to the community. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 5 to 7 p.m., City of Refuge Community Church will host its third annual “The Gathering” at the Wilkesboro Civic Center. This is a free Thanksgiving meal for the less fortunate and shut-ins of the tri-county area. Reservations are required by calling Adreian at 336-972-7532 by Nov. 20 at 8 p.m. For more information or directions, call Adreian or the church office at 336-244-4626.
• 7 p.m., Shoaly Branch Baptist Church, Elkin, will have a Christmas eve program with Christmas music and communion. For more information or directions to the church, off Murray Road on Shoaly Branch Road, call 336-401-5082.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.