• 11 a.m., Grace Full Gospel Church, Messick Road, Jonesville, will have homecoming and pastor appreciation day with guest speaker the Rev. Eugene Moore of Franklin. Dinner will be held at 1 p.m. Revival will begin at 6 p.m. Sunday and be held at 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. Moore will be the speaker all week. There will be special singing each night.
• 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dobson United Methodist Church, 204 S. Main St., Dobson, will hold a rummage and bake sale.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., St. Paul and Mountain Grove United Methodist churches will have their fourth annual holiday bazaar in the St. Paul fellowship hall, 2708 Buck Shoals Road, Hamptonville. New this year will be Quilts from the Cedar Chest quilt show in the church sanctuary, which will include vintage and antique quilts. There is no charge for the quilt show. The bazaar will include handmade crafts and fresh baked items, hot dogs will be available for lunch. For more information, call Pastor Claudia Harrelson at 336-468-4548.
• 6 p.m., a Community Night of Thanks will be held at Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin. The night will begin with worship followed by a Thanksgiving meal open to the community. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 5 to 7 p.m., City of Refuge Community Church will host its third annual “The Gathering” at the Wilkesboro Civic Center. This is a free Thanksgiving meal for the less fortunate and shut-ins of the tri-county area. Reservations are required by calling Adreian at 336-972-7532 by Nov. 20 at 8 p.m. For more information or directions, call Adreian or the church office at 336-244-4626.
• 7 p.m., Shoaly Branch Baptist Church, Elkin, will have a Christmas eve program with Christmas music and communion. For more information or directions to the church, off Murray Road on Shoaly Branch Road, call 336-401-5082.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.