• 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, 1997 Pleasant Ridge Road, State Road, will hold its fourth annual ladies conference, “A Day in Her Shoes.” The cost is $10 per person and includes breakfast and lunch. To register, contact the church office at 336-874-2875 for a registration form. The guest speaker will be Terry Hazen, assistant volunteer manager for the Billy Graham Library. Also, the event will include collecting donations of gently used shoes to be given to The ARK and Project Prom Dress. Women of all ages are welcome and there will be special sessions for high school, college age and tweens.
• 5 to 7:30 p.m., Glow in the Park event will be held at Elkin Municipal Park hosted by Abstract Church. The evening will include free hot dogs, chips, drinks, inflatables by Kids Play USA, music and a special message. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 6 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Ronda, will have revival featuring Bro. Matthew Foster, pastor of Haymeadow Baptist Church, as speaker. The prayer room will be open 15 minutes prior to each service, and there will be special singing each night.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boonville United Methodist Church, 116 N. Carolina Ave., will have a church-wide yard sale which will include breakfast, hot dogs for lunch and a bake sale.
• 7 a.m. until, Salem Fork Baptist Church, 555 Twin Oaks Road, Elkin, is sponsoring a Relay for Life event including a car wash, indoor yard sale and pancake breakfast. All donations benefit cancer research.
• Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, 593 Pleasant Hill Drive, Elkin, will hold revival featuring Chris Schofield as guest speaker. Schofield is on the BSCNS staff as director of the Office of Prayer for Evangelism and Spiritual Awakening.
• 6:30 p.m., the WMU fall gathering of the Surry Baptist Association will be held at Dobson Baptist Church with guest speaker Mary Gray, founder of Project Bandanas. In order for refreshments to be planned, call the SBA office at 336-789-5701 no later than Sept. 23 to register a group.
• 7 p.m., Shoaly Branch Baptist Church will hold revival services.
• 4:30 p.m., Elkin Baptist Semi-Annual Associational Meeting will be held at Pleasant Home Baptist Church with afternoon message at 4:30 p.m. by the Rev. Mitch Smith, meal at 6 p.m. and evening message by Lester Evans at 6:50 p.m.
• 6 p.m., Macedonia Baptist Church will host Women’s World Day of Prayer with a meal at 6 p.m. and program to follow. A $2 donation is suggested to help cover the meal. Call the Elkin Baptist Association at 336-835-8433 to make a reservation.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.