Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com, or drop them off at The Tribune office.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boonville United Methodist Church, 116 N. Carolina Ave., Boonville, will have a church-wide yard sale in the hut behind the church. In addition to yard sale items, breakfast, hot-dog lunch and bake sale will be sold.
• 11 a.m., Poplar Springs Baptist Church, 193 Fellowship Way, State Road, will host long-time instrumentalists Katherene Moran and Hilda Newman in a tribute concert. Former students of Newman and friends are invited to attend and remain for a covered-dish luncheon to follow. A card or note may be sent to Poplar Springs Baptist Church, P.O. Box 28, State Road, NC 28676, which will be presented to the ladies.
• 6:30 p.m., Traphill Baptist Church will have a dedication service and open house of its Helping Hand Ministry food pantry.
• Union Baptist Church, 2002 Traphill Union Road, Traphill, will hold revival featuring Daniel Settle at 6 p.m. Sept. 17 and Donald Ball at 7 p.m. the rest of the week. There will be special singing nightly.
• 7 p.m., the North Carolina Baptist Children’s Home will conduct a foster care informational meeting at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Mount Airy. Danetta Christmas, a representative from the children’s home, will share about the need for foster care and how to get involved. For more information, call 336-789-4411 or visit www.bchfamily.org/help/foster_care.
• 5 to 8 p.m., Surry Baptist Youth will host a See You at the Pole Rally at Bannertown Baptist Church, Mount Airy. The rally will include prayer for the county’s schools, as well as fun and free hot dog supper with chips and drinks. Prizes will include T-shirts, bracelets and a chance for breakfast to be brought to the winner’s school the morning of See You at the Pole.
• 6:30 p.m., the Surry Baptist Association’s WMU fall gathering at First Baptist Church in Dobson will include a mission resource fair, with tables of county service providers set up to share their resources available. Those attending must sign up at the SBA office, 336-789-5701, by Sept. 13.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.